Friday, December 28, 2007

The Unfair sex

"I had won at the genetic lottery that had determined my sex" - The Kite Runner.

In India its a different story altogether especially if you study in an elite engineering or Management college.

if you haven't heard terms C.A and L.T (common jargons in a B school), then its time for you to hear them.

C.A - Ch**h Allowance
L.T - Lu**d Tax

I know a respectable database company which recruited a girl because she looked good (infact the HR who recruited her tried to hit on her as soon as she joined)...






5 comments:

Devika said...

Now this is what is called 'sour grapes', you know.

The Lonely Backpacker said...

:)..

I respect women's intelligence ( know a lot of girls who are better than guys even in our insti )

just pointed out the Bias in different cultures ( in Islam -- its men.. In indian elite -- its women)

ofcourse still Male chauvinists prowl around...

what the heck.. I need not be so defensive !!!!

Devika said...

You ought to be, because it's not true. Women are down-trodden everywhere - except in Indian b-schools, maybe. ;)

The Lonely Backpacker said...

I had written it as " Elite engineering or management".. in the post.

so I need not be defensive..

I share your concerns on women :)..

If I have a daughter, I ll make sure that she gets all the freedom in the world...

Nivil Jacob said...

give her all the freedom in the world n contribute another brat of a gurl to the society..