Sunday, November 25, 2007

From Nachalai to Udit narayan

I knew that it had to happen. It happened.
Its almost two months since I spoke with someone in Tamil and effects are already visible.
Yesterday I was listening to a Tamil song and I couldn't infer what "Punal" meant. I knew that it might be "river" but still I wasn't sure.

Five years ago, I would have hung my head in shame.
Not any more. Things have changed and will continue to change. I just acknowledge it and move on.

My interest in Tamil literature has gradually declined and I have lost all my interest in songs/movies/literature.

Nachalai: Tamil poetess who married King Cheralathan in the Sangam period. She was my dream girl once upon a time :P

Udit Narayan: The singer who kills Tamil songs :P

1 comment:

Souvik Chatterji said...

After Rafi, Mukesh, Kishore, Manna Dey, Udit Narayan is the singer who had stood the test of time and is expected to serve bollywood films for another 20years if he can maintain his voice quality.