Saturday, January 5, 2008

Future of Linux

Unless Linux is optimised for Mobile phones, the future is not bright.. and it is not yet optimised(as far as I know)..

I felt and inferred it after doing some research on mobile phones...

my logic is as follows( from Brand leader perspective) :
Price of multimedia phone drops --> more people use it(currently mobile penetration is more than Computer penetration) --> more people use Linux based mobiles and are comfortable with it --> people buy laptops --> People are not averse to use Linux in laptops.

I seriously believe that biggest advantage of Microsoft is their marketing ability and ability to foresee things.

p.s.
1) I Haven't updated my knowledge on Google's Android platform which might be open source.
2) I have started liking gadgets ever since I saw an I-phone :) ...



No comments: